People choose to have plastic surgery for many different reasons. Here are five reasons you may be considering getting plastic surgery.
- Injury or Illness – If you’ve had an injury or illness that has altered the function or appearance of a part of your body, you may be considering plastic surgery to restore what you lost.
- Cosmetic – You or a partner may desire a modified look to a specific part of your face or body. In this case, you’re looking for an upgraded look that matches your perception of perfection or beauty. You may see someone whose looks you’d like to match or be similar to.
- Functional – At times you simply cannot function without plastic surgery. A birth defect or loss of function in a specific part of your body may demand a functional surgery.
- Revision – Perhaps you already got surgery and it didn’t achieve the results you wanted, or it simply did not work. In this case, you would need a revision. This process addresses specific problems or deformities caused by a previous surgery.
- Reverse the signs of aging – Plastic surgery can be successful when turning back the hands of time on your aging process. Wrinkles, drooping and other signs of aging can be erased with plastic surgery.
Tis the season for many things. During the month of December it seems like there’s a jolly festivity happening every day! Festivities usually are accompanied by treats. Santa’s favorite treats are the cookies that all the boys and girls leave for him on Christmas Eve. What’s your favorite holiday treat?
Most holiday treats are sweet. While this is wonderful for your taste buds, all that sugar can have an adverse effect on your skin. Consuming excess amounts of sugar during the holidays can cause you to have some skin issues such as:
- Skin breakouts
- Dark circles under your eyes
Raise your hand if you have unwanted fat. It’s probably safe to say everyone raised at least one hand, if not two. Where’s your unwanted fat? The stomach and hips are two common spots that house unwanted fat. Have you tried all of the diets and exercises out there to target those areas, and they constantly return you with hunger, soreness, and a realization that that fat is probably never going to go away?
There is hope for you if you want to reduce areas of fat on your body without surgery. Dr. Evan Ransom offers his patients at the San Francisco Center for Facial Plastic, Reconstructive & Laser surgery an FDA approved light-based technology called SculpSure. SculpSure Body Sculpting is a great solution that is customized to reach your aesthetic goals. (more…)
Do you find yourself focusing on your lips when you look in the mirror? Maybe you’ve caught yourself staring at other women’s lips while you’re out in public. It can be a little embarrassing, can’t it? Is your Pinterest account filled with pictures of women with beautifully shaped lips? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you’re most likely experiencing lip dissatisfaction and lip envy has set in. (more…)
On Monday, January 16th, the United States honors and celebrates the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He was a leader in the advancement of civil rights in the United States using nonviolent civil disobedience. He received the Nobel Peace Prize and the Presidential Medal of Freedom. He helped to organize the 1963 march on Washington where he delivered his famous “I have a Dream” speech. Ever since Martin Luther King’s inspiring speech the United States is a better place, not perfect, but better.
Dr. Ransom has dedicated his life to helping you be uniquely you. His patients and their care, results, and comfort are what drive him to see each of his patients not as products, but as people who desire a partnership of working together to make each person feel cared for.
During this holiday season many will make wish lists of gifts they’d like to receive. Dr. Ransom’s greatest gifts this season are the satisfaction his patients share with him about their care and results at his practice.
Dr. Ransom is proud to announce that he uses this revolutionary product in his practice. DefenAge is a radical anti-aging system that can produce visible correction of up to 16 signs of aging in just six weeks! It is inspired by the skin’s regeneration process. DefenAge unlocks the key to youth with powerful peptides.
You can expect these results in 6 weeks of use:
- Revival of your youthful firmness
- Brightening of your age spots
In our country, as in much of the world, products are sold by association with a beautiful or famous person. However, the power of American pop culture and Hollywood biases has led to a near equivalence of youth and beauty. This is quite easily seen by flipping through the ads at the front of nearly every news or fashion magazine. Or when you compare the ages of male and female leads in our movies… Though it is not explicitly stated, the converse is certainly implied by our media: age is not beautiful, and particularly not for women.
I was recently traveling in Japan when I was struck by a particular counter-example. (more…)
Are you ready for facial resurfacing? Maybe you’re feeling dissatisfied with your pigmentation due to spotting or discoloration. If so, you may be be ready to consider a chemical peel. Many people have already experienced the big benefits of chemical peels. It’s important to be informed about what they are in your decision making process. Here’s some information to help you decide if a chemical peel is right for you.
Most people, when they begin noticing facial discolorations, begin by using topical creams to help alleviate the problem. Often the creams claim to hydrate the skin quickly to even the appearance of skin tone over time. (more…)
The decision to undergo a cosmetic procedure isn’t a small one. It’s a true investment in yourself and your appearance – whether it’s something as simple as Botox, or a surgical procedure such as a rhinoplasty or facelift.
We understand that you want the effects of your procedure to last as long as possible, but that does involve caring for your skin once you leave our offices.
These tips can help you maintain the effects of your surgery, and prolong the benefits of your procedure.
- Adopt a good skin care regimen. Whether you’ve received a chemical peel from Dr. Ransom, or have undergone full cosmetic surgery, post-procedure skin care is critical in helping to maintain a smooth, glowing, youthful-looking appearance. (more…)