What is your skin care routine? Do you wake up in the morning and splash a little cold water on your face to wake up and then add a little powder to cover up any blemishes and you’re off for the day? Or perhaps you spend a great deal of time cleaning your face, applying make up and then fall asleep at night with all of it still on your face.
San Francisco Center for Facial Plastic, Reconstructive & Laser Surgery is passionate about your skin, and we’d like to suggest some tips to optimize your daily skin care routine. WebMD offers some great suggestions for “Building Your Perfect Skin Care Routine”.
- The first step involves knowing your skin type. Your skin type will either be dry, oily, combination, sensitive or normal.
- Once you determine your skin type, you can choose an appropriate cleanser to gently wash your face. Be sure to rinse with warm water and then pat it dry. Wash your face in the morning and evening to remove dirt and makeup. You should also wash after a workout because your sweat can clog your pores.
- After you clean your face, apply moisturizer. It’s best to do this when your skin is still a little damp.
- Apply sun protection to avoid the sun’s damaging rays.
- Do not wear your makeup to bed. This clogs your pores and can cause acne.
Dr. Ransom can help direct you to the appropriate skin care products for you and your skin type. He offers a variety of products including: Restorsea, Eltamd, Topix, Biocorneum, Pur-sil, and Alastin skin care. Come and see us today to get you on the right road to optimal skin care.
Posted on behalf of San Francisco Center for Facial Plastic, Reconstructive & Laser Surgery
Follow us on Google+