Posted on July 17, 2018 in Skin Care
What is your skin care routine? Do you wake up in the morning and splash a little cold water on your face to wake up and then add a little powder to cover up any blemishes and you’re off for the day? Or perhaps you spend a great deal of time cleaning your face, applying make up and then fall asleep at night with all of it still on your face.
Ransom/MD is passionate about your skin, and we’d like to suggest some tips to optimize your daily skin care routine. WebMD offers some great suggestions for “Building Your Perfect Skin Care Routine”.
- The first step involves knowing your skin type. Your skin type will either be dry, oily, combination, sensitive or normal.
- Once you determine your skin type, you can choose an appropriate cleanser to gently wash your face. Be sure to rinse with warm water and then pat it dry. Wash your face in the morning and evening to remove dirt and makeup. You should also wash after a workout because your sweat can clog your pores.
- After you clean your face, apply moisturizer. It’s best to do this when your skin is still a little damp.
- Apply sun protection to avoid the sun’s damaging rays.
- Do not wear your makeup to bed. This clogs your pores and can cause acne.
Dr. Ransom can help direct you to the appropriate skin care products for you and your skin type. He offers a variety of products including: Restorsea, Topix, Biocorneum, Pur-sil, and Alastin skin care. Come and see us today to get you on the right road to optimal skin care.
Dr. Evan Ransom is an Ivy League-educated and Ivy League trained Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. He is a Double Board Certified Head and Neck Surgeon and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and fellowship-trained in facial plastic, reconstructive, and laser surgery. His practice is in the San Francisco Bay Area, serving patients from San Francisco, Oakland, Marin County, Palo Alto, Silicon Valley, Walnut Creek, the East Bay, and all over Northern California.