Posted on February 7, 2018 in Non-Surgical Procedures, Anti-Aging
If you had or are considering Botox, there are things you can do to help your results last longer. Botox or Dysport is used to treat your fine lines and furrows in your forehead, brow region, neckbands, and around your eyes. The end results are a softening of your facial wrinkles.
The results of your Botox treatment are temporary and can last up to approximately three to four months. The longevity of your results depends on many things. The area of your treatment plays a large role in how long your treatment lasts. There are other steps you can take to promote the longevity of the results of your treatment.
- Use sunscreen – Too much exposure to the sun’s UV rays can reverse the benefits of your treatment.
- Properly care for your skin – Moisturize your skin daily and stay hydrated.
- Eat healthy foods – The foods you eat can affect the appearance and health of your skins. Steer clear of processed, packaged foods, sugary foods because they can cause inflammation.
- Get plenty of zinc-rich foods – Your Botox treatment may prolong your anti-aging effects when you have sufficient zinc levels in your body. Foods rich in zinc include: oysters, beef, toasted what germ, spinach, lamb, pumpkin and squash seeds, dark chocolate, beans, pork, chicken, mushrooms and nuts.
- Limit your stress – Stress can invite unwanted signs of aging to appear. To prolong your Botox benefits, try to reduce unnecessary causes for stress in your life. Incorporate stress relief techniques into your life.
Schedule your consultation appointment today.