Women have been experiencing the benefits of facial rejuvenation procedures for years. They come home to their husbands looking younger, and more beautiful. While men enjoy the visual differences in their wives, they would like to experience a more youthful look as well. Over the past years there has been a higher demand of men requesting plastic surgery. Listed are some of the most common procedures men request.
- Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction)
- Male breast reduction happens when you have excess fat and skin in the breast region. This can affect the size and shape of the nipple-areolar complex. This can project a feminine effect on the male chest. Young men in their teenage years, and men in their late forties and fifties who are seeking to restore the loss of tone in their chest area may choose this procedure.
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Rejuvenation)
- Both men and women often show signs of aging around the eyes. Loose hanging furrowed skin, lateral brows that hang over the upper eyelids, and bulging fat pads below the eyelids with accentuated tear troughs put forth the image of fatigue and loss of vitality. Removing excess fat can rejuvenate the lower lids. Repositioning this tissue can make a visual difference in the appearance of youth in your eyes. The procedure, known as Blepharoplasty, provides a fresh and vibrant appearance.
- Liposuction (Fat removal)
- Many men desire a lean appearance. Liposuction is a solution to gain that look. The operation is not a replacement for diet and exercise, nor is it to treat obesity. Undesirable fat is usually stored in the abdomen, love handles, breast, chin, and around the neck. Removing these fatty areas makes a difference not only in the way you look, but also in your overall feeling of a toned and slim body.
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)
- If you desire a more proportioned face due to the shape or size of your nose Rhinoplasty is for you. Rhinoplasty can change nose size, width, profile (with visible humps or depressions), nasal tip, or nostrils. Choosing this surgery can provide a more harmonious facial appearance.
Contact Dr. Evan Ransom at San Francisco Center for Facial Plastic, Reconstructive and Laser Surgery to discuss your male Plastic Surgery needs.
Posted on behalf of San Francisco Center for Facial Plastic, Reconstructive & Laser Surgery
Follow us on Google+