Posted on June 6, 2016 in Rhinoplasty
Before undergoing your rhinoplasty procedure, consider asking your surgeon these important questions.
- What is your education level? It’s critical to find a plastic surgeon with certified education credentials to perform your rhinoplasty procedure. Dr. Ransom graduated with honors in neurobiology from Northwestern University, focusing his research on neurological development. He went on graduate with top honors from the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University. He completed an internship, a head and neck surgery residency at the University of Pennsylvania, and completed his fellowship in facial, plastic, reconstructive, and laser surgery in New York.
- Are you board certified? A plastic surgeon that’s board certified is held to the highest industry standards, and demonstrates that physician’s dedication and exceptional expertise in his or her field. Dr. Ransom is double board certified in both head and neck surgery, and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- What experience do you have with this procedure? An experienced surgeon provides only the highest quality care and technique to each of his or her patients. Dr. Ransom has served patients all across the San Francisco Bay Area, including Oakland and the East Bay, Marin County, Napa and Sonoma, San Mateo, Los Gatos, Palo Alto, Silicon Valley, Walnut Creek, and more. He also performs surgery at many other hospitals and outpatient facilities in San Francisco and Marin County, and is an attending surgeon at St. Francis Memorial Hospital and Marin General Hospital.
Other questions to consider:
- Who is a good candidate for rhinoplasty?
- What will be expected of me post-surgery?
- How long is the recovery time for rhinoplasty?
- Should I expect complications?
- What are the risks of this procedure?
If you’re considering rhinoplasty, call the Ransom/MD to schedule your consultation today. We’re happy to address any of your questions and concerns, and look forward to helping you look your best.
Posted on behalf of Dr. Evan Ransom
Dr. Evan Ransom is an Ivy League-educated and Ivy League trained Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. He is a Double Board Certified Head and Neck Surgeon and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and fellowship-trained in facial plastic, reconstructive, and laser surgery. His practice is in the San Francisco Bay Area, serving patients from San Francisco, Oakland, Marin County, Palo Alto, Silicon Valley, Walnut Creek, the East Bay, and all over Northern California.